A three-season, hands-on, village-style learning environment for Earth activists
Oct 13-14, Nov 10-11, Dec 8-9, Jan 12-13, Feb 9-10, March 9-10, April 13-14, May 11-12
The Permaculture Design Course often is remembered as the point where people say that everything began to change for them!
In gaining a deep perspective and practical skill set of how we can design our systems and our lives to be more fruitful for all, something unexpected happens. We began to realize that our lifelong yearnings are finally being satisfied, a hunger for meaningful connection without feeling like you have to conform or abandon your values.
Our teaching team, led by long-time City Repair organizers Mark Lakeman (Communitecture) and Matt Bibeau (PDX Permaculture), will benefit greatly from the return of Ridhi D'Cruz (City Repair Co-Executive Director) and Julian Dominic (Witch Hazel Designs and Education), and will feature many guests of the bioregion’s top instructors of ecological design.
Students will receive experience in:
- Social Effects of Colonialism
- Urban Grid and Decolonizing Ourselves and our Neighborhoods
- Impacts of Conventional Agriculture and Strategies for Restoring Soil
- Community Vitality
- Utilizing Wind, Sun Water and Available Resources for Building, Living & Growing
- Landscape Design for Connection
- Food Forestry
- Food Production & Ecological Restoration